Charity The Love Driven Church
COMMUNITY/COMUNIDAD: Share a description of the community you are called to reach.
- Pastor Edner is called to reach the un-churched and unsaved people in the Houston area.
CALLING/LLAMADO: Share about your experience of God leading you to start a church.
- Pastor Edner shares that God impressed upon his heart to move from where he was and to go plant Charity. He served in a leadership position at The Church Without Walls for seventeen years with the vision of one day pastoring a church which God had given to him nineteen years prior to his calling to preach the gospel.
VISION/VISIÓN: Tell us 5 words that are key elements of your vision.
- The vision of Charity is to win the lost.
REACHING THE LOST/ALCANZANDO A LOS PERDIDOS: Share the story of someone who has come to know Christ and is now a part of the church.
Charity is a fifteen-week young new church, so all of its 34 members have a Christian experience and have a heart and vision to reach the lost around them. They look forward to be used by God to reach the lost in their communities.
GOD AT WORK/DIOS TRABAJANDO: What is the most exciting thing God has done in the church?
- The most exciting thing that God has done at Charity is to bring excitement to the people when they see Him at work. They are amazed at how God has sent them to the church and shown them how they can be involved in reaching the un-church and unsaved generation.
LOOKING AHEAD/MIRANDO HACIA EL FUTURO: What would you like to see God do during the next year?
- Pastor Edner sees God moving and would like to see God send them un-churched families whom are seeking Him as Savior and as the Lord leads Charity into the communities to reach the lost, they look forward to baptizing and discipling men, women and children into the kingdom of God.
EXPERIENCE/EXPERIENCIA: What has been the most challenging or surprising thing you've experienced in church planting?
- Pastor Edner reveals that Charity The Love Driven Church was first planted in his heart and then it gave birth on Easter Sunday in a school. He expected that God would keep them there at least a year to do ministry, but it turned out that in only ten weeks as a church, God moved the church into a building where it could be more effective in ministry. This is something he was prepared to do, but God moved first.
WISDOM/SABIDURIA: What resource or words of wisdom would you pass on to other church planters?
- The single best resource that Pastor Edner recommends to other church planters is having faith in God to lead you, to direct you, and to provide for you.
NEED/NECESIDAD: How can people pray for you or partner with you?
- Pastor Edner shares that in church planting he sees all sorts of needs but one important need is priority. In order to prioritize the needs for the church we need to pray for one another. Pastor Edner seeks that we pray for more church plants and that they reach their fulfillment in God’s purpose and plan including Charity The Love Drive Church.
|Current Contact Information:||UBA Directory Listing / Website|
|Pastor:||Anthony Cedric Edner|
|Location for Worship Services:||2800 Antoine Dr., Suite 2844 (77092)|
|Date of First Worship Service:||April 24, 2011|
|Type of Facility:|
|Discipleship Structure:||Sunday School|
|Language of Worship:||English|
Interview conducted by Alex Martinez, UBA Staff.